About GROW, Inc.
Questions and Answers
How much do you Charge?
- We work out a payment structure that works for you after the initial consultation determines goals and processes.
How Much Time Do I Get?
- Results are not based on time served or the number of hours spent sitting next to you. Results show on the bottom line. You get the time needed to effectuate the results in line with your pre-determined milestones.
- We never take on more clients than we can manage. Our reputation depends and requires a positive outcome, every time.
How Long Is The Process?
- After the initial consultation, clients will have a detailed road map to success.
- There is a natural tipping point that is based solely on the return on investment you can expect on our services.
Can I Judge Performance?
- Absolutely, its our job to ensure before we start a project that not only do we identify the Points of Interest that will be used to measure success but also how it will be tracked and how you can see the change.
- By providing the requirements upfront, the entire project becomes about meeting goals and financial performance.
- It is just as much a part of our job to show you the results, trends and reporting to allow you to judge change today but also after we leave.
What Happens To Me?
- Our first meeting is always the determination of the goals you are seeking just as much as the goals of the restaurant. Be it defining a personal exit strategy or creating a more appropriate role with the tools to enable you to do your job more efficiently. Your involvement is your decision.
- Some prefer us to do the work on behalf of them, while others wish to be a partner to the process, or in some instances an understudy to better learn and understand the business.
Which Team Do I Get?
- Each situation is unique but the team always consists of at least one principal and their support staff best suited and with the most appropriate skillset to meet your needs.
- If you are looking to grow you do not need a Certified Turnaround Specialist and if you are in distress you do not need a UFOC specialist.
- We do not outsource our work to other consultants or affiliates; your team is all F&B Specialists and stay with you for the duration of the project.
What are the Essential Qualities to Look For in a Consultant?
The three essential qualities to look for in a consultant are:
- They must have the time you as the client lack.
- They should have the expertise that you haven't yet developed.
- They have to give you motivation to "do what must be done".
Scott started his Culinary career in Mobile,
With more than 27 years of food and beverage experience, Mark Hyams began his career in Southern California opening up Mr. Fiesta (a full service, from scratch Mexican Deli) that was located in La Jolla, California in 1983. From there, Mark moved to Huntington Beach, California and assisted in the growth of the Crazyburro Seafood Cantina and Nightclub where he was employed as General Manager. In 1993 Mark began his career with Concessions International at Los Angeles International Airport and spent the majority of his career at Denver International Airport. Mark also had oversight of Eagle County Operations from 1997-2007. Responsible for Concession Internationals multi-unit food/bar operations, Mark was also involved in project management roles for new unit openings and led efforts and developed key partnerships with Hope's Cookies, Heidi's Brooklyn Deli, Dazbog Coffee, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and New Belgium Brewery and numerous project refurbishments. Over Mark's 15 years in Denver, he has developed key partner, community and industry relationships that will contribute to Grow, Inc.'s value to your operations.